Wasn’t that some fun!?
20 years down, now embarking on the next 20!
Plenty more ahead, of course, through the end of the month, including:
— City Jazz – CCSF Jazz Club’s big combo – coming in on Wednesday the 22nd to celebrate the end of the term with a blowout jam & party, 7pm
— The 230 Jones Street band holding forth on Friday the 24th, 5:30pm
— The Glen Pearson Quartet featuring the great saxophonist Robert Stewart on Saturday the 25th, 7:30pm
— and three events on Sunday the 26th:
• Walker Talks — on the Romantic era visionary poet William Blake — at 2:30pm
• The Frank Tusa Trio with Akira Tana at 4:30pm
• The Evangenitals — up from L.A. with a new cd — at 7:30pm
— then, rounding out the month, five more events:
• a gathering to remember poet, humanist and dearly missed friend of the shop Maurice Woods on Memorial Day, Monday the 27th, 7pm
• Craig & MacGregor bringing us the vocalist Crystal Miller on Wednesday the 29th, 8pm
• NY percussion star & Warriors fan Annette A. Aguilar’s quartet on Thursday the 30th, 8pm
– celebrate Game 1 of the finals! Live music ’til 10:45pm
•,and two shows on Friday the 31st —
John Calloway & The Hired Guns, featuring bassist Marcus Shelby at 5:30pm
The fabulous six-piece jazz band Mean to Me with vocalist Judy Butterfield at 9pm
And on it goes!
Our events are put on under the umbrella of the nonprofit Bird & Beckett Cultural Legacy Project (the "BBCLP"). That's how we fund our ambitious schedule of 300 or so concerts and literary events every year.
The BBCLP is a 501(c)(3) non-profit...
[Read More ]
Gigging musicians! You have nothing to lose but your lack of a collective voice to achieve fair wages for your work!
The IMA can be a conduit for you, if you join in to make it work.
Read more here - Andy Gilbert's Feb 25 article about the IMA from KQED's site