Wasn’t that some fun!?
20 years down, now embarking on the next 20!
Plenty more ahead, of course, through the end of the month, including:
— City Jazz – CCSF Jazz Club’s big combo – coming in on Wednesday the 22nd to celebrate the end of the term with a blowout jam & party, 7pm
— The 230 Jones Street band holding forth on Friday the 24th, 5:30pm
— The Glen Pearson Quartet featuring the great saxophonist Robert Stewart on Saturday the 25th, 7:30pm
— and three events on Sunday the 26th:
• Walker Talks — on the Romantic era visionary poet William Blake — at 2:30pm
• The Frank Tusa Trio with Akira Tana at 4:30pm
• The Evangenitals — up from L.A. with a new cd — at 7:30pm
— then, rounding out the month, five more events:
• a gathering to remember poet, humanist and dearly missed friend of the shop Maurice Woods on Memorial Day, Monday the 27th, 7pm
• Craig & MacGregor bringing us the vocalist Crystal Miller on Wednesday the 29th, 8pm
• NY percussion star & Warriors fan Annette A. Aguilar’s quartet on Thursday the 30th, 8pm
– celebrate Game 1 of the finals! Live music ’til 10:45pm
•,and two shows on Friday the 31st —
John Calloway & The Hired Guns, featuring bassist Marcus Shelby at 5:30pm
The fabulous six-piece jazz band Mean to Me with vocalist Judy Butterfield at 9pm
And on it goes!
Available Now at Bird & Beckett
Hot off the press from your neighborhood bookshop just in time for the lame duck period. 75 million voters, and counting, have rejected fascism and lies. 70 million haven’t yet made that commitment. Bully Goat’s Bluff might change a few of their minds.
Fits nicely in an invitation envelope for mailing. Fits in a pocket as well.
~~ Poetry as philosophy to plumb the deeper truths of these times ~~
$15 and worth every penny
_ _ _
Jerry Ferraz is a keystone of
the Bird & Beckett cultural edifice, built by you through your decades-long love and support.
Our events are put on under the umbrella of the nonprofit Bird & Beckett Cultural Legacy Project (the "BBCLP"). That's how we fund our ambitious schedule of 300 or so concerts and literary events every year.
The BBCLP is a 501(c)(3) non-profit...
[Read More ]
Gigging musicians! You have nothing to lose but your lack of a collective voice to achieve fair wages for your work!
The IMA can be a conduit for you, if you join in to make it work.
Read more here - Andy Gilbert's Feb 25 article about the IMA from KQED's site